Monday, December 24, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Published by Poppy/Little Brown; January 2, 2012
Paperback, 236 pages
Borrowed from a friend - thanks!

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


- Description from Goodreads.com




I might as well get this out of the way...I didn't love this book. I know, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? But it's the honest truth. I've heard so many people rave about this one and when I finished it, I was like...
No emotion. No OMG, SO GOOD. No WOWEE. I really wanted to love this one and I was planning to, but it just didn't work out... Now, don't get me wrong. Just because I didn't love it doesn't, in any way, mean I did not like it.

Things I liked:

1. It was set over 24 hours
2. Oliver <3 p="">
3. I love the way the whole story meshed together
4. It was MAGICAL
5. Airport stories are the best
6. Oliver <3 p="">
7. The cuteness

So there you go! The things I liked...still a bit put off by the fact that I didn't love it..such a ME book...maybe a reread is needed to LUUUURVE it???

Happy Holidays and...Merry Christmas Eve!!!
Annie

No comments :

Post a Comment