Friday, September 27, 2013

Reflect & Renew: September 2013

Hello readers! Say hi to Reflect and Renew which you will be seeing around here at the end of each month. Inspired by Monthly Rewind at the Perpetual Page Turner. Enjoy! :)


REVIEWS:

BOOKS NEXT UP ON MY TBR LIST:
Where Beauty Lies by Elle and Blair Fowler
Criminal by Terra Elan McVoy
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Feed by M.T. Anderson
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


MOST MEMORABLE EVENTS:
The first day of school. Surprised to say this but it honestly couldn't have gone any better!
Gobbling up mooncakes for the...moon festival? Or is the autumn festival? Someone HELP.
Filling out the application for stage crew - it was...interesting, to say the least.
Purchasing my first phone ever!
And then, downloading apps for my first phone ever!
Receiving the Liebster Award - thanks Jasmine! 


MOST PLAYED SONG:


Brooklyn- Theo Katzman


THINGS I CAN'T WAIT FOR IN OCTOBER:
Halloween because who doesn't like dressing up?
Working in my blogging schedule!
FALL TV SHOWS!


AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE:
HelloGiggles publishes this list of 8 everyday words coined by famous authors.
Reem explains why you SHOULD listen to music while you read - plus suggestions!
Also at I Read & Tell, Reem sorts writers into fun categories. Check them out!
More free bookmarks from Epic Reads.
Take this fun survey at Flip That Page to find out what type of blogger you are.
This review of Adrokable by Debby really makes me want to read it now.
A wonderful post at Writer of Wrongs celebrating everyone's favourite bushy-haired know-it-all, Hermione.


That's all, see you next month! :)

11 comments :

  1. FALL TV SHOWS FALL TV SHOWS FALL TV SHOWS. That is all.


    Mmmm mooncakes, what sort of mooncakes do you like? I like the more traditional ones without yolk, I know snowskin is all the rage now but mehhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, all I've been hearing about the first days of school are lots of grumbling, so it's great to see that you had a fab one! Ooh, I didn't know you guys celebrated Mooncake Festival (or is it Lantern Festival? O_O Now I'm confused) in Canada. That's cool, though. I don't really like mooncake, so I kind of miss out on that part.


    And MEH. Fall TV shows. I'm so jealous of everyone who has cable, because I do, but my family doesn't watch. And I have no idea how to fix the thing up. I'm super excited for them all the same, though it's incredibly heartbreaking to see everyone around me - both online and in real life - going on and on about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Once Upon a Time and The Tomorrow People. I'll just have to live through those who decide to type up reviews and pray that they'll be detailed enough. :P


    Anyway, glad that September was a good month for you. Hope October will be the same - or better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. YES. YES.


    I haven't had many mooncakes but I do like the ones with yolk and the bean paste around it. I'm not sure what snowskin is though... Is it ice cream? Because I've seen many ice cream mooncakes floating around. They're really yummy but I would feel weird eating them during the festival because they're so non-traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I'm not really sure what the festival is either... My parents are Chinese and so we celebrate some of the more significant Chinese festivals/holidays. And that's funny because I didn't really like mooncakes at first either. I'm still not such a big fan but I will eat some.


    I feel you! All the great TV shows are coming back and I have absolutely no time to watch them. I'm probably going to end up doing the same as you and searching up spoilers online! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe September is already over! I'm excited to see what you think of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. And yay, I love dressing up too, Halloween is going to be so fun! YOUR FIRST PHONE? Yipeee! Great post, Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe September is already over! I'm excited to see what you think of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. And yay for Halloween! I love dressing up. AND WHAT YOUR FIRST PHONE? Congrats!! Great post, Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Err...well, it turns out that I forgot about picking up Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock from the library so unfortunately, I won't be able to get to it this month! :(


    Halloween is amazing! I like dressing up but I'm sad that I can't go trick or treating anymore!


    And yay for my first phone! I've been playing Temple Run non-stop lately. Trying to get to one million!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh The Catcher in the Rye? Is that a required school reading or your choice? I'm really curious to see what you think of it. I had to read it for a class my last year of uni and didn't really feel it. I mean, I could see why some people would like it but it wasn't for me. I'd love to see what you think!


    Glad your first day of school went well! And I need a new phone soon. I always thought in the past I'd just get the most basic ever, but one with apps sounds really appealing - especially if an app covers traveling in London so I don't get as lost as easily! haha.


    Hope October is just as awesome for your Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope! Required reading for me is a medieval screenplay (cue groan). I saw The Catcher in the Rye at the library and thought it would be good for me to read some modern classics. I've read reviews and it seems that many people aren't too keen on it. I have no clue what it's about so I don't know whether or not I'll like it. I guess I'll have to read it to find out!


    I feel the same way about data as you do about apps! At first, I was okay without having any data but now I'm really wondering why I didn't get it. And navigation is very frequently used on my phone! I get lost so much even though I've been in my city my whole life. Can't imagine what it would be like somewhere else - especially somewhere like London! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moon cake! <3<3<3
    My favorite part of the Moon Festival/Autumn Festival. I think either one works.
    I've heard tons of great things about Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. I hope you'll love that one! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know! I definitely need to brush up on my Chinese knowledge.


    I forgot to pick up Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock from the library so they sent it back! :( I might get to it in December - I have too many things to do right now!

    ReplyDelete