Sunday, December 23, 2012

Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Drama by Raina Telgemeier
Published by GRAPHIX; September 1, 2012
Paperback, 233 pages
Borrowed from my dear friend, R --thanks!

PLACES, EVERYONE!

Callie loves theater. And while she would totally try out for her middle school's production of Moon Over Mississippi, she can't really sing. Instead she's the set designer for the drama department stage crew, and this year she's determined to create a set worthy of Broadway on a middle-school budget. But how can she, when she doesn't know much about carpentry, ticket sales are down, and the crew members are having trouble working together? Not to mention the onstage AND offstage drama that occurs once the actors are chosen. And when two cute brothers enter the picture, things get even crazier!


- Description from Goodreads.com



*Sigh* Finally, another book by Raina...and this one as good as the first one! Perhaps EVEN better! I really related to this book. I've read some reviews of this book on Goodreads and some people said it seemed a bit unrealistic for the characters to only be in seventh grade but I totally disagree. I remember exactly what happened during my middle school years and everything that occurred in this book happened to me in real life. Stage crew? Check. Love? Check. Heartbreaks? Check. Friendship? Check.

This is the major reason I love Raina so much. The characters are so real and relatable! And her drawings are so cute! I loved it and it is definitely one I highly recommend! Great read! 

:)

No comments :

Post a Comment