Sunday, December 30, 2012

Letters from a Nut by Ted L. Nancy

Letters from a Nut by Ted L. Nancy
Published by Avon Books; June 1, 1997
Paperback, 192 pages
Borrowed from library

Who is Ted L. Nancy? He is, in reality, a supremely off-kilter alter ego who sends patently ridiculous letters and queries to corporate honchos, entertainment conglomerates, national publications, politicians, celebrities and heads of state. Letters From a Nut is an insanely inspired, truly madcap collection of Nancy correspondence, a laugh-out-loud-in-public places aggregation of official - and officially certifiable - requests, complaints, fan mail and questions that could not possibly have been taken seriously...but, amazingly, were!


- Description from the book



If I could choose one book I have read to keep by me ALL THE TIME, this one would definitely be seriously considered. Yes, so maybe, I didn't LOL like was suggested in the synopsis but I definitely eye rolled at some of the responses, definitely acknowledged Ted's imaginativeness and creativeness, and definitely DEFINITELY asked myself, "Is this guy CRAY CRAY????". Yes, it was wacky, it was quirky and some simply left me CONFUSED but I loved every moment of it. Great one to read on a sunny Saturday afternoon (which was when I read it). Definitely thinking of picking up some of Mr. Nancy's other books. And did I mention Jerry Seinfeld writes the intro? Yes. He does.

Happy reading, Annie :)

PS. I just realized how many definitelys I used in today's post. Um...

No comments :

Post a Comment