Thursday, October 4, 2012

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
L.A. Candy #1
Published by HarperCollins; June 16, 2009
Hardcover, 326 pages
Borrowed from library

Los Angeles is all about the sweet life:

Hot clubs, cute guys, designer...everything. Nineteen-year-old Jane Roberts can't wait to start living it up. She may be in L.A. for an internship, but Jane plans to play as hard as she works, and has enlisted her BFF Scarlett to join in the fun.

When Jane and Scarlett are approached by a producer who wants them to be on his new series, a "reality version of Sex and the City," they can hardly believe their luck. Their own show? Yes, please!

Soon Jane is TV's hottest star. Fame brings more than she ever imagined possible for a girl from Santa Barbara-free designer clothes, the choicest tables at the most exclusive clubs, invites to Hollywood premieres-and she's lapping up the VIP treatment with her eclectic entourage of new pals. But those same friends who are always up for a wild night are also out for a piece of Jane's spotlight.

In a city filled with people chasing after their dreams, it's not long before Jane wakes up to the reality that everyone wants something from her, and nothing is what it seems to be.




- Description from Goodreads.com




This book was a nice surprise for me! Like so many other readers, I was a little hesitant to read something by Lauren Conrad and I apologize for being so judging 'cuz DAMN, did I enjoy this book!!!!!!

But before you decide to read this book, let me give you a heads-up. It was poorly written and even though that should've bugged me, it didn't. I liked the premise so much that I stuck with it. Another thing, it starts off very slow so if that's another thing that you don't like in books, STAY AWAY. 

What I'm trying to say is this, if you're not interested in the premise, skip it. For me, that was the only thing that kept me flipping the pages. I enjoyed all the reality TV drama and though the writing was a bit more stilted than I'm used to and the beginning was slow, I still enjoyed it!

Hugs Hugs Hugs, Annie

No comments :

Post a Comment