Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Top 10 Favourite Author in X Genre


I've done a lot of thinking and I really can't think of ten authors I like from one specific genre so I've divided it into two. Here we go! PS. Sorry for doing it a day late...I didn't have time to finish it yesterday. #toomuchhomework


Contemporary a.k.a My Most Read Genre

1. Sarah Dessen

Yes, so I've only read one book by her! Blah blah blah! I would totally read all her books in one sitting if I had the time. And you should know, that's practically impossible for me to do because I get bored so easily. It's saying a lot. I love how she's able to completely understand us teens. After all, we are a complex thing and for her to write about us in a way that we approve...WOW, is all I can say.


2. John Green

Gus and Hazel's relationship was a masterpiece and I would say that that automatically puts him on this list. I mean, I showed a wider range of emotion while reading this book than I did in a month. Like seriously. 


3. David Levithan

Again, a master at all things contemporary. He really understands teenagers and how they work (just like Sarah) and I appreciate that. Finally, something that understands me!


4. Maureen Johnson

The Little Blue Envelopes series was A-MA-ZING! I really hope she'll write another series similiar to Little Envelopes because...well, travelling around Europe, British guys, and envelopes? What more can I ask for? A-MA-ZING!


5. Susanne Colasanti

Again, understands me very well. Again, is put on this list because of that.



Fantasy a.k.a One of My Least Read Genres After Harry Potter

1. J.K. Rowling

Well, she created one of my favorite series of all time and so I think J.K. definitely belongs on this list.


2. Stephenie Meyer

To be honest with you, I hated the Twilight series. The idea was good but the writing style just didn't work for me. However, her redeeming point was the wonderful chemistry she crafted and so therefore, she is worthy enough to be added onto this list.


3. Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games were really good and Peeta and Katniss' relationship was so exciting!


4. Neil Gaiman

Coraline = Awesomeness
The Graveyard Book = Most Likely to be Awesomeness
Neil Gaiman = On my auto-read fantasy list


5. Rick Riordan

Now, I'm not a super fan of Rick but as long as he keeps publishing books on Greek mythology, I think he'll be okay. ;)



Comment me your lists and if you have any suggestions for authors I should try! :)





Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the gals over at The Broke and the Bookish.

No comments :

Post a Comment