Saturday, January 19, 2013

Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Published by HarperTeen; June 1, 2005
Paperback, 368 pages
Borrowed from library

In a Ya-Ya Sisterhood for teens, Peaches combines three unforgettable heroines who have nothing in common but the troubles that have gotten them sentenced to a summer of peach picking at a Georgia orchard.

Leeda is a debutante dating wrong-side-of-the-tracks Rex.

Murphy, the wildest girl in Bridgewater, likes whichever side Rex is on.

Birdie is a dreamer whose passion for Girl Scout cookies is matched only by her love for a boy named Enrico.

When their worlds collide, The Breakfast Club meets The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants in an entirely original and provocative story with a lush, captivating setting.


- Description from Goodreads.com



I love me a good friendship! And Peaches definitely brought it!

One thing I noticed a lot when I first read this book were the comparisons to The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. And then I was like, Crappity Crap Crap Crap, because I LOVED The Sisterhood. I mean, no one can POSSIBLY beat the ultimate foursome's friendship. No one. So yeah, I think you can understand why I was be a bit worried for this book which sounded SO GOOD. Is there any possible way I can NOT compare it to The Sisterhood? 

But, acutally, I was surprised! I zoomed through this book without ever having to think of The Sisterhood once! It was so different and the characters were gorgeous. The only complaint I really have is that it seemed odd for them to have such a quick road trip, even if it is only on the pages. It was just weird. It went by so fast whereas the other bits were quite stretched out. And also, I think the transition between school during summer and ACTUAL summer holiday farm fun should be better. It took me a while to figure that all out.

BUT, besides all this, it was amazing! It read like a movie and everything was awesome! I loved Murphy's carefree personality, Leeda's not-so carefree one, and Birdie's shy-ish one. They blended together perfectly!

Definitely should read this if you are a fan of The Sisterhood. It was quite a treat! Though you might want to read it during the summer...

No comments :

Post a Comment